The perspective of island directors at the heart of the “Courts des îles” Festival.
To be eligible for the International Festival of Short Fiction Films from the Islands of the World, Courts des îles, your film must comply with the following criteria:
- made by a director born on an island*1,
- not exceeding 20 minutes, credits included,
- displaying the characteristics of a fiction or animation short film,
- shot in HD (1,920 x 1,080, minimum),
- respecting applicable legislation concerning authorship rights and intellectual property rights,
- the version delivered must be in French or in Englishr*2, or in either one with subtitles in the other.
Entry into the International Festival of Short Fiction Films from the Islands of the World is free. There is no set theme.
For movies wishing to compete for the "First movies" Courts des îles prize, the director of the work must have realized no more than two movies submitted to an international festival of short films of fiction. The works produced within the framework of a school or o formation can compete to the " First movies " Courts des îles prize.
If the director was not born on an island, there is the category «films from around the world». Out of competition.
This is just an excerpt of the regulations, carefully read the complete regulations before submitting.